SCHEME OF STUDIES
The School follows the NCERT text books for Classes I to XII. The School does not provide text books and stationery. The list of prescribed text books, note books and other stationery articles will be displayed on the Notice Board. It will be the responsibility of the parents/guardians and students to ensure that they obtain all the prescribed books, notebooks and stationery articles well in time and bring to the school only those books, notebooks and articles which are necessary for the day.
The assessment, structure and examination for Classes I to XII is as
A) Assessment & Evaluation
1) The session is broadly divided into 2 (two) terms.
Term – I : April to September
Term – II: October to March
2) Assessment will be continuous and comprehensive throughout the session in the form of Periodic Test (PT), Multiple Assessment (MA), Subject Enrichment Activities (SE) and Port Folio (PF) in both the terms separately.
Port Folio includes Notebook maintenance which include tidy covers, neat & meticulous work & proper upkeep of note book throughout the session. Multiple Assessment will be in the form of Monthly Tests. Subject Enrichment Activities will be conducted in the form of quizzes, debates, speeches, assignments, interviews, projects, practicals etc.
3) Evaluation will be structured with a definite time table and syllabus at the end of each term.
Grading Scale for Classes VI to VIII
5) Promotion Rules: Minimum 33% marks (Grade D) in each subject to qualify for promotion to the next class.
6) Needs improvement: If the score in a subject is below 33% (Grade E), the student shall be eligible for improvement of performance (IOP).
Assessment & Evaluation
[Classes IX & X]
1) In accordance with the Assessment Structure provided by the CBSE for classes IX & X, the overall assessment of students will be based on the following scheme. Internal Assessment Comprises of Periodic Test I & II
2) Promotion Rules: Minimum 33% marks (Grade D) in each subject to qualify for promotion to the next class.
3) Re-Examination: Conducted on failure in two subjects only.
Grading Scale for Classes IX & X:
1) Scholastic Area
2) Co – Scholastic Areas (Grade A-E)
Health and Physical Education
5) No Re-test will be conducted for students who take uninformed leave or leaves that have not been sanctioned by the Scholl Management. However, Management’s discretion may be used in special cases.
C) Assessment & Evaluation
[Classes XI & XII]
1) A) Internal Assessment : Comprises of
Monthly Test (10)
Unit Test (20)
B) Half Yearly Examination (50) Theory + Practical
C) Annual Examination (50) Theory + Practical
( Pre- Board I & II followed by Board Examination for class XII)
2) Promotion Rules:
Minimum 33% marks (Grade D) in the final examination, in each subject as well in the grand total individually in all subjects to qualify for promotion to class XII.
In subjects with practical examination, minimum 33% marks in the theory and practical separately is a must.
Re-examination: Conducted on failure in one subject only.
3) No Re-test will be conducted for students who take uninformed leave or leaves that have not been sanctioned by the School Management. However, Management’s discretion may be used in special cases.
4) In case of Medical emergencies, on timely intimation and submission of Medical certificate, Doctor’s prescription & Hospital Bills (in case of hospitalization), the Management shall exercise its discretion and decide accordingly.
1) Periodic Test: Two Periodic Written Tests will be conducted in a year, one in the First Term and the other in the Second Term for the Classes I – XII.
2) Notebook Submission: Notebook Submission as a part of internal assessment is aimed at enhancing seriousness of students towards preparing notes for the topics being taught in the classroom as well as assignments. This is to address the critical aspects of regularity, punctuality, neatness and maintenance of the Notebook for the Classes I – X.
3) Subject Enrichment Activities: These are subject specific application activities aimed at enrichment of the understanding and skill development. These activities are to be recorded internally by respective subject teachers for the Classes I – X.
4) As per the order of the Government of Madhya Pradesh (dated 2nd March, 2019) students failing in their annual exam of classes V and VIII will be given one more chance. If they fail again in the improvement exam, they will need to repeat the year in the same class.